Monday, August 31, 2009

Dollar Menuaires

It's 2:30 and where has my Monday gone. Oh, that's right....to dicking around online. Great use of everyones time. So in my perusing today, I've decided that Yahoo's Hot Jobs site officially has the worst jobs of all time. I guess the term Marketing is like the catch all fancy phrase they use to lure in dummies. Here are a few jobs I found listed when I typed in Marketing jobs for KC and what I think their ads should really say.

1. Labor Worker -
Say it out loud. Laaa-bore Wurr-ker. Just the title sounds depressing. Hot Jobs, why would anyone want to be a labor worker. Most people do not want to work hard much less labor. Even if you are hiring for a ditch digger, make it sound a little more appealing. Like Earth Excavator.

2. Movie Extra Needed -
Porn.

3. Customer Service and Office Management Skills Needed Work from Home Computer Great Income -
I am not even kidding that this is the job description. Translation - if you love your little rascal, casinos, and a big gulp, apply for this job. If you are a Dollar Menuaire, apply here. You will make millions...make that billions upon trillions of dollars. All while sitting at home on your couch. All you have to do is send us a check for $1500 for start up fees. You are well on your way to financial freedom and all of the McNuggets money can buy.

4. Chief Operation Officer, EmploymentCrossing(company name) -
If you are are looking for a COO applicant on Hot Jobs, your company probably has some significant problems. Well, the first really being that your company name is EmploymentCrossing. Furthermore, if you are at the level of COO and checking out Hot Jobs postings, you might need a career makeover. And why did they leave the space out between Employment and Crossing? Just to be cute? It's not cute. It makes me feel like you are one of cart stands in the middle of the mall. Like the Sunglass Station or the Dream Catcher Hut.

5. Sales Management/Account Executive/Marketing Professional - Holy crap. You might want to consider changing this title or making this into the 3 jobs that it should be.

6. Crazy Economy Creates Huge Ops, Global Company with Growing Multiple Billion Dollar Industry (company name) - See #3 for prime applicants. The only thing that would make this ad a little better is it they had spelled Crazy with K.

Hot Jobs, you just found yourself DListed from my email. While you are a step above Craigs List (which is not saying much, they get killed with the creepiness factor) you will not be a part of my future job searches. Unless for some reason it's 6 months from now and I have big gulp cups piling up so high that I can't make a path for my rascal. Maybe I'll look into your 'work from home and be a trillionaire' jobs again.

No comments:

Post a Comment