"How are you doooooiiiingggg???" (as said with a tilted head and pouty lip). If someone else asks me that question in that format, I am going to scream. You know how when you blow a dog whistle how all you hear is air and the dog hears like a really really high pitched eardrum blowing sound? That is how it feels to me. I know people are just being nice, but when asked in that tone and the head tilt, you might as well be saying "You are a fucking loser". It sounds all the same to me (sorry mom, i know you are just trying to help. don't worry, you aren't the only one. and i am 99% sure you are not into reading blogs. but if you are sorry, i heart you). Hundreds, thousands of people get laid off from their jobs every day. I am nothing special or more affected than anyone else. Be bummed out for me. I am. Be worried for me in finding something else in todays economy. I am scared shitless. But do not....I repeat.....do not PITY me. It's annoying and degrading. And I wouldn't do it to you.
Four things I know about myself in my current situation.
1. I am smart.
2. My resume is great with real experience. ie - not fluff. legit stuff that i've busted my you know what for.
3. I will do something bigger. i don't know what that is yet.
4. I am happier today than I have been in over a year. Job or no job and that feels good.
So if you see me on the street, please don't tilt and pout. And if you do it over the phone, I will be able to hear your neck twist through the receiver and will hang up on you. So just don't. I'm sure I like you if you are reading this blog. I don't want to have to do that. I am a capable, smart, and nice person. I'll find something great. It may take some time, but I'm cool with that. Hang in there with me and be my cheerleader.
Ok, since I am new to blogging in this capacity, I haven't figured out how to link a song to my post. Project for tomorrow. But for tonight, this post is brought to you by "Writing To Reach You" by Travis.
PS - I forgot to mention one thing when I started this blog. I am a horrible speller, do not pay attention to upper and lower cases, am horribly sarcastic, and i like to swear. So if you were an English major (Roney, I know you'll forgive me), Mary Sunshine, or a nun...this blog ain't for you. : )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment