Ok, first I want to start off by saying that I know there is more to life than a job. You shouldn't put stock into who you are a person as reflected in your job. Easier said than done for me. I loved my job, company, and the people I worked with. I invested a lot....and by a lot....I mean A LOT of personal time, long hours and weekends, and restless nights of little sleep for my job. Stupid, maybe. But I loved it. The sad thing is that I wasn't able to every be 100% present with my family. My job followed me everywhere I went. On the weekends I'd be at an event, at Target with my daughter I'd run into to 2 people I knew, on a date with my husband I'd for sure see someone. So, I never really had the ability to turn it off. Now it all seems a little ridiculous that I let a job consume me so much.
Now that I have had a week away from the circus, I can breathe. My anxiety has dropped, I am happier (sooooooo much happier), and I feel like kind of a dumbass. I believe that if you love what you do, you should get behind it 110%. But let's just say that I wasn't curing cancer everyday. And now that is so much into perspective that it stings just a bit. I am going to take these next few weeks...months....and hopefully not a year to breathe every day. To realize that while I loved my job, I love my family, friends, and life more. Oh, and myself too. So today I am putting things into perspective. What is really important in life, what a great job i did have, and thinking about how I can someday find something that allows the balance between both.
Today I am feeling Radiohead's Optimistic. That's all you can ask someone to do is try the best you can, right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment