Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Out with the Old, In with the New

I've decided I need to take advantage of the free time that I have. So far, I have not used it well and every day is a total time suck. I get wrapped up on the phone, FB, Linked In, Blogging....well, you get the picture. I am a very routine oriented person, so I've decided I really need to stick to my ol faithful to do lists. How can the unemployed have so much to do you ask? Well, it's pretty easy to fill your day. Plus, I am not as sharp anymore. I feel like a teenage kid at the prom that gets their brain sucked out by a zombie from one of those really bad 80's horror flicks. I think it's the saying "if you don't use it, you lose it". I know it's only be three weeks, but I need to snap out of it, or back into it rather. Dumb and Dumber. And Dumberer. If I don't watch it, I might be rocking a Lloyd Christmas haircut soon.

Ok, so of course being the overzealous person that I am, I've started a to do list. This is a list that is in addition to my real life every day to do list....like look for a job. You see the difference.

1. Organize Finances - ummm, super important for those in a financial crunch. i am just saying it out loud not for your benefit, but for mine so i get in gear.
2. Start a Blog - check. well, kind of. really learn how to use it, not just type.
3. Work on a Brand...for myself - how i want potential employers to see me. how i want to portray myself. what can i offer that someone else can't.
4. Learn how to use Quicken
5. Learn how to use a Mac - i know enough to be dangerous right now. i am going to sign up for the free classes at the Apple store. i've always been a Mac girl at heart, so now's the time.
6. Get my phone number back - check. more to follow.
8. Pick my daughter up early from school once a week and do something fun.
9. Have my resume professionally done - working on it.
10. Clean out our disaster of a basement - with the way it looks right now, I feel like TLC might knock on our door to tell us we are going to be on one of those hoarder shows.
11. Start working with the recruiter - Sorta started on Monday. took some tests, met the people, not that into it. do not have the luxury to be not that into it. See #12.
12. Be interested and engaged in working with recruiter.

Don't worry, my OCD is just kicking in. This is just the list I came up with today. More to follow. Probably followed by a post of the unattainable goals I've set. Maybe that recruiter can help me with that.

Song of the day - Time to Pretend - MGMT - crap...I just added one more thing to my to do list.

13. Figure out how to post links to music on your blog. Can't figure it out from itunes (assuming its a license thing), if anyone has suggestions, holla.

No comments:

Post a Comment