Friday, September 25, 2009

You don't know me but I'm your brother

How much do you really know anyone? I think I know my husband pretty well. I usually know what he is going to say before it comes out of his mouth. Which is highly annoying to him and he would never admit it's true. I, of course, use this to my advantage and just to generally irritate him. : ) You can't hear my inner most thoughts. You can't see my dreams at night (which if you could you would totally think i am freak. they are totally freaking bizarro. last night i had a dream that my whole family which also included bart simpson was held hostage at a wizard of oz carnival run by serial killers and cowboys. freak.)

Most of us only have surface interactions with people. Even good friends. We let people see what we want them to. There are fleeting moments when you see someone for who they really are. But for the most part, we are very guarded. Unless you are someone without a filter and have diarrhea of the mouth. We all know those people. They tell you everything you've never wanted to know about them. I've had high school friends, college friends, work friends, and simple acquaintances tell me that they have been reading my blog. Why? I am not an extraordinary person. What I am doing right now is spending too much time online and watching a lot of daytime tv. That isn't fascinating. I feel blessed in my life, but I know it isn't a thrill a minute.

And then I realized: It's because I let you in. I am honest. I tell you how I feel.

I've gone past that scary little moment when I've written TMI about my real feelings....had to hold my breath....and just hit 'Publish Post'. It was like taking a band aid off the first time. I spent my entire time at my previous job trying to prevent people from knowing too much about my personal life. And here I am spilling my guts to anyone that has a computer.
It's like the juicy office gossip or the trash tabloid that we can't wait to flip through at the checkout. It's like that dirty little secret that when you're being told you hang on every word. So for me it's therapy, for you it's gossip. I'm cool with that. As long as you're reading, I'm writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment