.....there is a magical little land of telemarketers that have become my new source of entertainment. While I don't want to get too close (see earlier post referencing swine flu) they provide me a great chuckle during the day. Here are some descriptions of a few of them.
1. The Grim Reaper. A very nice older lady that unfortunately is quite scary looking. She has long gray hair that hangs in her face. In fact, she actually startled one of my coworkers sons when the elevator doors opened and she appeared on the other side.
2. All Denim Outfit. Now, you know my grandpa loves to rock an all denim outfit with his button down chambray shirt and his 'dressy' old man pleated jeans....he is the cutest. This woman wears jeans and a jean jacket every day. I've never really seen her shirt, so I just assume it's denim too.
3. Ashtray. 95% of them smoke....which, whatever. But there is one lady that smells so freaking bad. She too wears a jean jacket and it smells like it has probably never been washed. I think she dips it in a vat of concentrated nicotine patchouli every day before she comes to work.
4. Snoop Dogg. I haven't seen him yet, but apparently he was spotted getting on the elevator today. Maybe we can get him to perform at the office on Friday afternoons.
5. Overdramatic Personal Phone Call Lady. There are a couple of these, but one in particular that doesn't seem to manage stress very well. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that she smokes, doesn't work out, and complains all day. She is always on the phone during her break in the hallway having a total meltdown over I don't know....running out of dishwashing detergent at home. Who knows. Whatever it is, she is not afraid to be dramatic about it.
6. The 19 Year Old Girl Wearing Pajama Pants. There are 3-4 girls that do this. Maybe they are in a plaid flannel pajama gang that I don't know about.
7. Comfort Crystal. One woman was spotted wearing slippers today. And not like the hard soled kind that you can go outside to get the paper in that might pass off as shoes (i have a pair like this and will admit running to store in them). These are the cotton, flat bottomed, slide through, with your toes hanging out kind. And it was really wet and rainy today, so they seem like a sensible shoe choice. For work.
8. The Sneaky Snacker. I have yet to identify this person as they are quite elusive. The bathroom has a lounge with a couch and tables in the front part. Everyday someone leaves their QT tea or soda on the bottom shelf. One day there was a bag of Cheetos next to it. Now, are they not allowed to have liquids at work? Why would they leave it in the bathroom? My guess is that it's an iced tea of the Long Island variety.
9. Rip Van Snoozie. The couch mentioned in #8 sometimes serves as place for those that didn't catch enough zzz's the night before to rest their eyes during break. For that reason alone, I will not be sitting on this couch. Ever. It reminds me of an updated version of this hideous drooled on Peacock couch that we used to have at our sorority in the formal living room. People (of course not me) would pass out drunk and slobber all over it. We did name this couch appropriately and affectionately, The Drooled Up Peacock Couch. Maybe I'll have to come up with a name for the new resting place.
I'm sure I'll have lots of updates as the staff changes frequently. But these are just a few of my faves.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment