It's taken me a few days....and it always does, because I need to make sure I get it just right. I think I've compiled my short list for my new years resolutions. Of course eating healthy and working out are on the list but those don't even really count anymore. Those are my 'staples'. These are the things (the short list anyway) of things that I vow to do better this year.
1. Stop using so many paper towels.
Pre-child I don't think that I ever really used an obscene amount of paper towels. But now, it's just XXX rated. I always pride myself on being as green as I can be, but this is one area where I need some desperate improvement. I should buy stock in Bounty. Or be their spokesperson. I'd do it for free, too....if they gave me a lifetime supply of paper towels. That Sunny Anderson bitch has nothing on me. What does Cooking for Real even mean? Whateves. Ok, back to the resolution - to use LESS paper towels. It is really hard with as many spills and messes as kids have and as much as I like to clean....just a dangerous combo. However, a goal is a goal and I vow to kill less trees this year by lowering my purchases of Bounty.
2. Stop yelling at my dog.
Let me start by saying that I love my dog. She was our baby before our real baby. But she is a pest. A little ball of fur that is nothing but a pest. She barks, she pees on things, she has anxiety attacks, she barks some more, she's horrible on a walk, and did I mention that she barks? Yeah, that's because she does. All. Day. Long. So i find myself screaming at her to stop which makes it worse. This dog needs Xanax. Actually, that's a good idea. Maybe I'll get the vet to prescribe some and then just take them myself. Then the barking will just sound like background noise in my foggy little mind. Ok, Lulu, you are #2 on my list. Even thought you are a total freaking pest, I promise to stop yelling at you.
3. Stop using words that aren't really words.
While I find this hilarious (or hilarity), it drives my husband nuts. I think words like Romantical, Hilarity, Ginormous, and Dramatical (that ones my fave-dang that's another one) are fun. Yes, I realize that this makes me sound less intelligent, but I do realize that these are not in the dictionary, lighten up. Or should I say, Chillax.
Even though we are 5 days into the new year, I am going to start today with my dwindled down list. I still have 360 days to make some progress. Although, while typing I just made an executive decision to change #2. I've already yelled at my dog twice while typing. I think I'll add (so much) after the period. That, in itself, is a ginormous sacrifice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment