Lately I'm a grouch on Monday's. Leaving home again, a long travel day, just out of sorts. As a reminder of how good things are, I did one of my favorite things. Making a list.
1. A wonderful husband and beautiful daughter.
2. My mother in law and my mom for helping out.
3. A good job in a tough time.
4. Friday night dinners and cooking all weekend.
5. Waking up in my own bed on Saturday and Sunday.
6. Window seats.
7. Cookies on Midwest.
8. Layovers just long enough to catch up on trash mags.
9. Internet access anywhere with my Sprint air card. Omg, do you have one of these? How have I lived this long without it.
10. Hairdryers in hotels so I don’t have to bring one. My bag is hea-vy.
11. Giant bottles of water.
12. Coffee with good friends on Sunday mornings.
13. Hearing the pilot say “Welcome to Kansas City”.
14. Crazy people who give me good stories to tell.
15. Chicken coop military stores.
16. Navigating a city that I don’t know well all by myself.
17. My GPS named Trixie (ahem…see above)
18. Being so so thankful for everything I have.
19. Little fridges in my hotel room so I can buy my food. I am SO sick of eating out. Seriously, I’ve almost puked at the table bc all food tastes exactly the same.
20. Wine in my hotel room out of plastic cups. Ain’t no shame.
21. Putting up pictures of Marc and Thea in my hotel room as soon as I check in.
22. A 49.5 lb suitcase = no baggage fees.
23. Catching up on 16 and pregnant and all the other junk my husband hates to watch.
24. Facebook on my BlackBerry to keep up on everyone.
25. My super lightweight Toshiba laptop. It’s so tiny, it’s amazing.
26. People that stink not sitting next to me. (Yeah, you holding the Mexican blanket with your hood up. I am really happy you are 2 rows up. I think you stepped (or rolled in) dog poop.)
27. The satisfaction of pushing myself to prove I can do it.
28. A very cool boss that is all around good guy. It’s good to work for a leader again.
29. Nice hotel gyms with bikes and elipticals.
30. Temporary situations for a better future. 2 weeks to go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

A few things:
ReplyDelete--#28 is hilarious and very true
--Lulu is pissed that she didn't get a shout-out
--you did not mention being greatful to God for giving you exceptional rhythm and dance moves